Monday

Exclusive interview with Spanish designer Roberto Piqueras



I had the chance to interview with Roberto Piqueras, a Spanish emerging fashion designer who recently launched a 1992's Barcelona Olympic Games inspired collection. 

When was your brand born?
My brand was born in 2007 when I moved to Madrid.

Who, from the fashion or "creative world" do you take inspiration from?
One of my favourite fashion designers is Jean Charles de Castelbajac.

Are you originally from Barcelona? Can you tell us a bit more about your background please?
Yes, I am from Sabadell, a little city around 20 km from Barcelona. I studied at Felicidad Duce in Barcelona and all my life I’ve been interested in art and music. I played violin for 4 years and painted oil on canvas for 5 years. I also danced jazz until the age of 13.




Can you tell us about your latest collection and the impact of the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games?
In 1992 I was 7 years-old and I witnessed how everyone around the world was talking about Barcelona. It was exciting for me. This is why 20 years later I decided to pay that tribute to my city and show how the tourists of the city envisage the typical souvenirs. It’s like if nothing new had happened.

What are you expressing through your designs?
I wanted to show the funniest parts of clothes and fashion. I waned to design something
relaxed, not pretentious. This is why my brand looks “sporty” and “streety”.

Are you showing at Barcelona or Madrid Fashion week?
This time for the Summer 2012 collection I am going to be showing in Barcelona during the BAC Festival in an art gallery and in London at the Primitive London gallery, located in Dalston.




What are your upcoming projects?

Well, last week I won a prize with Burger King and they are going to help me work on my brand and show my new Winter 2012/13 collection during London Fashion Week. So right now I need to move there from Barcelona and start working on my new collection. I am also waiting to receive the orders for the new stores to start to produce.

Where can we find your pieces?
In Barcelona you can find it in KR Store, in London at Primitive London, in Hong Kong at Voulez Vous & Gallery de Vie, online on my own onlinestore and soon on 
http://boysboysboys-shop.de/ and http://www.saturdayguy.com and for new summer 2012 season you can find it at WUT Berlin in Tokyo. 

To finish with, what would you wish to this blog?
I wish an endless of posts with a lot of visits and love.

photos by César Segarra ( 
cesarsegarra.com )
More info on: www.robertopiqueras.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...